We have seen these flowers everywhere all along the roads wherever there is a vacant lot. ditch or field. I call them prairie sunflowers. I don't know what their real name is but they are such a bright splash of color that I had to cut some for the table.
We saw these wind turbines as we were leaving Provo. We came up close to them and there were only a few in this gap in the hills. The blades on them were huge and they were turning slowly.
It was too much mist in the air to see clearly but the hills have lots of vine maple that is turning red. I remember when I was a kid and about this time of year we would drive up the old McKenzie Highway and cut some branches of red vine maple. When we got them home we would stand them up in a pot in a corner and as they dried they would keep their red color as a wonderful sign that fall was really here. It was as traditional a sign of fall to our family as a pumpkin or corn stalks is to others.
Those yellow flowers are amazing. There were thousands of them along the road when we came east from Arizona last May.
ReplyDelete