Sunday, August 29, 2010

Outside Almost Finished - Now for the Inside


     The stripes and the gooey glue are off of the outside of the coach and we drop it off with the painter later today.
     Now we begin on some projects on the inside. We decided to do a kitchen remodel. Not that big a deal with such a small kitchen. As you can see in the picture we removed the propane stove and the microwave. I have always disliked the propane oven. Couldn't seem to get an even heat it or get the right temperatures. Our last coach had a microwave/convection oven. I really liked cooking with it and wanted another one.
    Tom has already installed the new cook top and the microwave/convection oven will go below it. Now I can bake cookies and muffins. My lasagna and pizza will be bubbly, browned and crispy on top instead of just hot and soggy.
     We found both the Magic Chef and the Sharp oven from sellers with good reputations on EBay. I think Tom's middle name should be McIver because he seems to be able to figure out how to repair, work on or install just about anything. He is getting it all set up for us.
     I got two shallow drawers at Camping World to attach to the underside of the dinette. They will add storage for flatware, cooking tools and knives.
     The bedroom had a comforter set that was white with large purple flowers and large dark green leaves. The same fabric was used on the window valances and thick blackout roman shades. Not exactly my style.
I am recovering the valances with a soft, light green/beige upholstery fabric that matches the green in the quilt I am using on the bed. I have put up light colored mini blinds on the windows. It really makes the room seem larger.
    Tom picked up a gas scooter with a small motor yesterday for really cheap. The fellow said it had not run in about 18 months to 2 years. After 30 minutes of tinkering Tom got it to running and said that all it needed was a new battery and to have the carburetor cleaned and adjusted. What a guy!
    Last year he got a non running electric scooter for me, again cheap, at a garage sale. He then ordered the next size electric motor for it off of EBay and now I have a great electric scooter for running around in the RV parks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see pictures of your bedroom and the finished kitchen.
    And if Tom's gas scooter comes up missing, don't ask Don where it is. LOL

    ReplyDelete